Mt. Pisgah Recreation Center
Mt. Pisgah is an all season, family friendly mountain that's owned and operated by the Village of Saranac Lake with support from the Friends of Mount Pisgah.
In the winter, Pisgah becomes a classic small-town Adirondack ski and snowboard hill. The mountain's six trails- one green circles, two blue square, and three blackdiamond- are all served by a single T-bar lift. The easy trails here are perfect for beginners of all ages to perfect their turns. Pisgah also has a tubing hill, snowshoeing trails, and a large base lodge. As it gets dark out early, night skiing, riding, and tubing is a popular attraction.
COVID-19 Protocols to Expect
Be prepared for your visit:
- Dress warmly at home prior to your visit. There is no access to the lodge for storage, meals or warming up. Finish up with your boots and other layers as needed in the parking lot. Store your food, beverage, clothing in your vehicle. Use your vehicle for warming up as needed.
- Bring your own food and beverage. There is no food service or vending at the lodge at this time. Be prepared to eat outside or at your vehicle. Take your trash with you.
- Acquire your rentals for skiing and riding ahead of your visit at a local retailer.
- Limited lodge access to only restrooms. Restrooms have limited capacity to 1 family/ individual per room. To use either restroom you must be in possession of the painted ski pole. Cue for restrooms is outside the lodge door.
- **Mask required at all times over both mouth and nose, except when eating, drinking, or actively skiing. Required while loading/unloading lifts, using gear racks, restroom access, and buying tickets.**
- Social distancing between parties required at all times.
- Shared lift riding is restricted to members of the same party. If you drove to the mountain together, you may ride the t-bar together. Singles may ride the t-bar individually.
- On-Mountain activities (skiing, riding, and tubing) will have limited capacities daily, and additional limitations depending on the amount of terrain available. Access to skiing and riding is provided to Season Pass holders first. Limited day and ½ day ticket sales for skiing and riding will be available at the day-of activity and may sell out depending on conditions and availability. Day and ½ day tickets can only be purchased in person at the ticket window for the current day. Tubing will have limited capacity of 1 person per tube per day when the activity opens. Tubing tickets will be sold as first come first serve and are limited to 75 persons per day, no exceptions.
- A Health Assessment for participants in skiing, riding and tubing must be signed each day upon arrival for contact tracing purposes at the ticket window. Season Pass holders must visit the ticket window upon each visit to the mountain to update their health assessment date.
Thank you for your cooperation keeping our community safe!
Friends of Mt. Pisgah / Saranac Lake Ski Club
This group has been assisting the Village with operation of Mount Pisgah for the past five decades. It is a volunteer-based group that takes on property maintenance, ski lesson sign ups, lodge rentals, and new projects.
In 1989 this group brought snowmaking to the top of the mountain. In 1997 a new lodge was constructed that is still used today for events year-round. To help create more year-round opportunities at Mount Pisgah, the group fundraised and recieved NYS grant money to add a tubing hill, tennis and basketball courts, as well as a parking lot. Most recently, in 2011 projects were completed with the Village of Saranac Lake staff to add a replacement t-bar, new bike trails, and paved walking trails.
The club is membership driven and offers opportunities, such as after school ski lessons, special children's Candy Bar Races, Winter Carnival White Stag Ski Race, Top of the Mountain Race, and the Golden Ski Race. Each year a high school intersectional race for NYS Sections III and VII is held at the mountain.
Follow the Friends of Mt. Pisgah on Facebook @FriendsofMountPisgah
Ski/Snowboard Lessons Update
Due to COVID restrictions and to keep our community safe, there will be NO LESSONS through the Saranac Lake Ski Club/ Friends of Mount Pisgah for the 2020-2021 season.
We do not have rentals on site. We suggest supporting a local business with gear rentals.
Picturesque place for weddings, retirement parties, family reunions, class reunions, and any other special events. ADA accessible space. Rentals available for evenings, day time, or all hours during off-season months only. The lodge is not available for private events during ski season. Call Katie Fischer for more information (518) 524-2666.
Ticket Office Hours:
*Closed for the Season*
Ski Hill Hours:
*Closed for the Season*
Tubing Hill Hours:
*Closed for the Season*
All dates and times for skiing and tubing are weather permitting.
92 Mount Pisgah Drive
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Call the Mountain: 518-891-0970
Check out the Barkeater Trails Alliance hard work at Pisgah!