Saranac Lake Local Development Corporation (SLLDC)
The Saranac Lake Local Development Corporation exists to relieve and reduce unemployment; promote and provide additional and maximum employment; improve and maintain job opportunities; attract new industry; retain existing industries; lessen the burdens of government.
The public objectives of the corporation are to apply for grants and loans to achieve its purpose; to acquire real or personal property; or interests therein, for use by others as industrial or manufacturing plants or commercial enterprises; to foster and encourage the location or expansion of industrial or manufacturing plants and other commercial enterprises in the Village of Saranac Lake.
The SLLDC is a 501(c)(3) corporation based out of the Village of Saranac Lake. The Village Board of Trustees members have appointed a Board of Directors to make decisions and implement plans. The Saranac Lake Local Development Corporation develops loan programs, initiatives and outreach efforts to support the Village's economic development strategy.
The monthly meeting of the Board of Directors is to discuss routine business and evaluate new projects. The meetings are open to anyone to attend and are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:00pm at The Carry (75 Main Street, Saranac Lake, NY 12983) in downtown Saranac Lake and via zoom. Look to the agendas or the Calendar for additional meeting information.
Board of Directors
The operations of the SLLDC are overseen by a Board of Directors comprised of individuals that have been appointed by the Village Board of Trustees.
Stephanie Mikesell, Chair
Andrew Milne, Treasurer/Vice Chair
|Matt Scollin, Board of Trustees, ex officio
6er Trail Stewardship Fund
- $5,100 for New Basketball Hoops and Lights at Garwood POW Park
- Fiscal Sponsor for the Downtown Mural with $14,000 disbursed
- “Power Our Winter Resources,” POWR Fund raised $101,000 to support winter venues and activities during COVID
- Facilitated $5,000 for the New Year's Eve 2021 Fireworks
- $12,000 went to support 30 Businesses through the SLLDC’s COVID-19 Mini Grants Program
- 2015 NY Main Street Grant Spurred 7 Downtown Facade Renovations with $300,000 invested
- Supported the Nori’s Market Expansion with $64,000
- Saranac Lake Revitalization Fund Assisted 8 Downtown Properties with $52,525
Please use this email for all correspondence pertaining to the Saranac Lake Local Development Corporation (SLLDC)