Arts & Culture Advisory Board
The Arts & Culture Advisory Board is a volunteer group that works to support thriving arts, cultural, and community institutions, in an all-inclusive environment that fosters the creative economy, community pride, Downtown revitalization, and a myriad of diverse year-round offerings in Saranac Lake.
The purpose of the Arts & Culture Advisory Board is to make recommendations to the Village Board of Trustees on plans and project implementation for the arts community of Saranac Lake. The board works to make recommendations to the Saranac Lake Village Board of Trustees regarding policies and actions to implement the Arts and Culture Master Plan. On March 3, 2018 the Village Board created the Arts & Culture Advisory Board, whose overall purpose is to help Saranac Lake foster and grow a shared culture through Village initiatives and support of arts organizations and events. The Arts & Culture Advisory Board works to:
- Make recommendations on capital improvement projects, entertainment venues, educational programs/plans and other Village programs and projects that relate to the arts and entertainment.
- Establish funding priorities for grants.
- Act as a liaison between the public and the Village Board of Trustees for any initiatives or support provided to the arts and entertainment of Saranac Lake.
- Promote more public and private cooperation in support of the arts and culture.
The Arts & Culture Advisory Board meets about once a month. Check the calendar for the next meeting date and time. Meetings typically last an hour.
If you want to be on the agenda for any upcoming meeting, contact the Village of Saranac Lake Community Development Department at (518) 891-4150 ext. 235 or email email@example.com.
Advisory Board Members
The Board consists of nine volunteer members, appointed by the Board of Trustees.
|Kirk Sullivan, Chair
|Emilie Allen, Vice Chair
|Elaine Taylor-Wilde, Secretary
|Dylan Van Cott
The Arts & Culture Master Plan
- Arts and Cultural Community Engagement
- Master Plan Funding Acquisition
- Targeted Arts Marketing Campaign
- Organizational and Artist Support
- Arts and Culturally Driven Economic Development
The Arts & Culture Advisory Board has recently worked toward creating more opportunities to share art with the community:
- Arts & Culture in Saranac Lake Facebook Group
- decidedlyarts.sl Instagram page
- Adopt-A-Bench Program- New Call for Artists, submission deadline is Monday, May 1st
- Pop-Up Galleries- centered around the Third Thursday ArtWalks, for lesser-known area artists to set up their art work in empty storefronts downtown. This program was established to help diversify the local arts scene, offer an opportunity for local artists without current access to gallery space, and utilize empty spaces to beautify and add to the creative character of Saranac Lake.
For more information regarding the Arts & Culture Advisory Board, contact the Community Development Department, (518)891-4150 ext. 235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts & Culture Advisory Board Reference Documents
Saranac Lake has been a home to organizations over the years that value the arts and culture of this historic hamlet. These organizations are vast in number, but to get a glimpse of what makes up the fabric of Saranac Lake's community culture, visit the place that has been documenting it all from the start. Click on the image above to go to the 'Organizations' listing on HSL's website.