The Village of Saranac Lake has a professional planning department to help property owners get the most out of their property while still following the land use and zoning regulations within the Village of Saranac Lake.
The Planning Department is entrusted with guiding development by reviewing projects for land use and zoning issues in the Village of Saranac Lake. The Planning Department is usually the first stop in building or establishing a development in the Village.
Planning & Zoning Services
Planning and zoning services for the Village include:
- Preparation of land use ordinances and regulations
- Assistance to property owners with zoning questions
- Enforcement of the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code
The Community Development Department provides plan review, technical assistance and support for the Development Board. The Development Board is a group of professionals in related fields that come together monthly to review larger or more complex residential and commercial projects. Each proposal is different and may or may not require Development Board review.
|Board Member||Term Expiration|
|Allie Pelletieri, Chair||4/2024|
|Kt Stiles, First Alternate||4/2025|
|Tim Jackson, Second Alternate||4/2025|
The Development Board has the following powers and duties:
- Reviews and makes determinations on site plan and special use permit applications.
- Hears and determines requests for variances and appeals of orders, requirements, decisions, interpretations or determinations.
- Approves all plats showing any streets or highways within the Village.
- Prepares, reviews and recommends changes to the Zoning Map and the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code.
Development Board Meetings
The next Development Board meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 5:00pm. The agenda will be made available here no later than the Thursday before the meeting.
The Development Board meets in the Village Board Room. To enter the building, use the single door entrance at the front of the Town of Harrietstown Town Hall, in between the UPS drop box and Rice Furniture. The Village Board Room is located on the second floor of the building. Meeting time is 5:00pm.
Contact the Village offices today to introduce your upcoming project to the Community Development Department. Village of Saranac Lake, ATTN: Community Development Department, 39 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY 12983, call (518)891-4150 ext. 234 or email Cassandra Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms & Applications
Recently Approved Projects